TranslatePress is a WordPress translation plugin.
The interface allows you to easily translate the entire page at once, including output from shortcodes, forms, and page builders. It also works out of the box with WooCommerce.
Built the WordPress way, TranslatePress – Multilingual is a GPL and self-hosted translation plugin, meaning you’ll own all your translations, forever. It’s the fastest way to create a bilingual or multilingual site.
MULTILINGUAL & TRANSLATION FEATURES
- Translate all your website content directly from the front-end, in a friendly user interface (translations are displayed in real-time).
- Fully compatible with all themes and plugins
- Live preview of your translated pages, as you edit them.
- Image translation support, for translating images, sliders, and other media.
- Support for both manual and automatic translation
- Ability to translate dynamic strings (gettext) added by WordPress, plugins, and themes.
- Integrates with Google Translate, allowing you to set up Automatic Translation using your own Google API key.
- Translate larger HTML blocks by merging strings into translation blocks.
- Place language switchers anywhere using shortcode [language-switcher], WP menu item, or as a floating dropdown.
- Editorial control allowing you to publish your language only when all your translations are done
- Conditional display content shortcode based on language [trp_language language=”en_US”] English content only [/trp_language]
- Possibility to edit gettext strings from themes and plugins from English to English, without adding another language. Basically a string-replace functionality.
- Translate only certain paths and exclude content from being translated
- Translation Block feature in which you can translate multiple HTML elements together
- Native Gutenberg support, so you can easily translate Gutenberg blocks
- Out of the box WooCommerce compatibility
- Use our FREE Website Translation tool/widget to browse any website in your own language.
Note: this plugin uses the Google Translation API to translate the strings on your site. This feature can be enabled or disabled according to your preferences.
Users with administrator rights have access to the following settings:
- select the default language of the website and one translation language, for bilingual sites
- choose whether language switcher should display languages in their native names or English name
- force custom links to open in the current language
- enable or disable URL subdirectory for the default language
- enable automatic translation via Google Translate
POWERFUL TRANSLATION ADD-ONS
TranslatePress – Multilingual has a range of premium Add-ons that allow you to extend the power of this WordPress translation plugin:
Pro Add-ons (available in the premium versions only)
- Extra Languages – allows you to add an unlimited number of translation languages, with the possibility to publish languages later after you complete the translation
- SEO Pack – lets you translate meta-information (like page title, description, url slug, image alt tag, Twitter and Facebook Social Graph tags & more) for boosting your multilingual SEO and increase traffic. Works with all popular SEO plugins.
- Translator Accounts – create or allow existing users to translate the site without admin rights
- Browse as User Role – view and translate content that is visible only to a particular user role
- Navigation Based on Language – configure and display different menu items for different languages
- Automatic User Language Detection – redirect first-time visitors to their preferred language based on their browser settings or IP address
- DeepL Automatic Translation – The DeepL Automatic Translation add-on lets you automatically translate your website through the DeepL API
- CTRL ( ⌘ ) + S – Save translation for the currently editing strings
- CTRL ( ⌘ ) + ALT + Z – Discard all changes for the currently editing strings
- CTRL ( ⌘ ) + ALT + → (Right Arrow) – Navigate to next string
- CTRL ( ⌘ ) + ALT + ← (Left Arrow) – Navigate to previous string
You must log in to submit a review.